What is an Electronic Cigarette?
An Electronic Cigarette, also called an E-Cigarette or E-Cig, was initially designed to look like a cigarette and deliver nicotine in a vapour instead of burning tobacco. Burning tobacco produces 4000+ chemicals, many of which are carcinogens but nicotine is not.
Electronic cigarettes have come a long way since they were first invented, but to get you started, here is an explanation of how an electronic cigarette works and its important component parts:
How Do E-Cigarettes Work?
An E-Cigarette is primarily made up of 3 parts:
- A battery: E-Cigarettes use re-chargeable batteries. The battery is activated either by the process of inhalation or more commonly by pressing a small power button while inhaling. When triggered the battery sends a charge to the atomizer or cartomizer.
- A tank that contains an atomizer: An atomizer is a coil which heats up when power is applied to it. It is used with a wick in a clearomizer and through wadding in a cartomizer. The atomizer heats the E-Liquid to provide the vapor. The tank is the part that holds the E-Liquid and is refillable which makes our E-Cigarettes so economical.
- The drip tip: This is the mouthpiece that you inhale the vapor from.
Why Are E-Cigarettes Better?
Electronic cigarettes are used to absorb nicotine in a far more pleasant and satisfying way than cigarettes or other nicotine delivery methods. Most people that switch to vaping with an E-Cigarette find that they no longer enjoy the taste of burnt tobacco, but some do still smoke cigarettes for a short period before deciding that vaping is a far more pleasurable sensation.
Why are E-Cigarettes so popular and why should I buy one?
Making the switch from regular tobacco cigarettes to electronic cigarettes can feel a little daunting, but those who have made the switch rarely look back and here are a few reasons why:
- Vaping is a more pleasurable way to enjoy nicotine than burning tobacco. In my case I smoked for about three weeks when I started vaping and subconsciously went from 30 cigarettes a day to buying ten every few days.
- There is no tar, carbon monoxide or any of the other 4000+ harmful chemicals produced when you burn tobacco.